Pictured above: Native plant landscape by Sarah Wilson
- Natives for Your Neighborhood — Choose the right plants for your ecoregion with the help of this tool, which features recommendations for South and Southwest Florida.
- Designing Our Future: Sustainable Landscapes (American Society of Landscape Architects) — How homeowners and communities can connect their properties into networks of attractive, wildlife-friendly neighborhoods, cities, and regions
- Find your local Florida Yards and Neighborhoods Program (FYN Homeowner Program) — Click your county on the map or select your county from the dropdown menu to view website and contact information.
- 9 Principles of Florida-Friendly Landscaping (FYN Homeowner Program) — How to have a low-maintenance, attractive and sustainable landscape
- Florida Yards and Neighborhoods Handbook, 2015 (PDF) (FYN Homeowner Program) — Detailed information on the nine Principles of Florida-Friendly Landscaping (FFL)
- Florida-Friendly Landscaping Guide to Plant Selection & Landscape Design (PDF) (FYN Homeowner Program) — Landscape design strategies, a planning worksheet, and the FFL Plant List. Companion to the FYN Handbook
- Steps to Converting a Traditional Development Landscape to a Florida-Friendly Landscape (University of Florida IFAS Extension) — A three-phase/seven-step process to planning and planting your Florida-Friendly Landscape
- Florida-Friendly Landscaping (Southwest Florida Water Management District) —Videos, advice and workshops
- Waterwise landscaping website (St. John’s Water Management District) — Searchable database, landscaping examples and plant groupings
- Know your irrigation contractor (Florida Irrigation Society) — What to expect from an irrigation contractor
For landscape architects and maintenance professionals
- Sustainable Site Initiative — A comprehensive rating system to measure the performance of sustainable landscapes and elevate their value
- Summary of Florida Green Industries Best Management Practices for Protection of Water Resources in Florida — A booklet to enhance professional knowledge of turf and landscape managers
- Green Industry-BMP Training & Program Overview — A science-based educational program for lawn care and landscape maintenance professionals
- Low Impact Development — A type of smart growth that simultaneously conserves green space and manages stormwater effectively
- Florida-Friendly Landscaping: Professional’s Corner — Stories from landscape companies, builders and developers who are embracing low-impact landscaping
- The Florida Water Star program — A voluntary certification program that encourages water efficiency in irrigation systems and landscapes
- International Sustainability Council Audubon Landscape Program (Audubon) — Provides direction, technical assistance, public attention, and national recognition for landscapes that incorporate conservation techniques
- Sustainable Landscaping (American Society of Landscape Architects) — Browse design case studies, then access animations and resources on sustainable design.
- Florida Irrigation Society — Promotes sound irrigation practices
- Invasive Plant Management Plans (UF Center for Aquatic and Invasive Plants) — Plant management plans by scientific and common names