May 7 @ 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
The Florida Wildflower Foundation is teaming up with Green Isle Gardens Native Nursery for a unique event supporting the Foundation’s work to protect, connect and expand native wildflower habitat throughout Florida.
Join us Sunday, May 7, from 4:00-6:00 p.m. as we kick off National Wildflower Week with an afternoon of sipping, shopping and speakers!
- Enjoy light hors d’oeuvres, wine, and beer from Orlando’s own Ivanhoe Park Brewery. (Sodas and water will also be available.)
- Shop Green Isle Gardens’ fabulous array of native wildflowers and plants.
- Participate in a raffle to win a private tour of Bok Tower Gardens, a Total Wine & More private wine class for 20, and other great prizes.
- Take a behind-the-scenes tour of the nursery with owner Marc Godts.
- Get to know some easy-to-grow native plants with FWF Executive Director Stacey Matrazzo.
- Learn about the women who’ve fought to save Florida’s wild places from Leslie Kemp Poole, author of Saving Florida: Women’s Fight for the Environment in the Twentieth Century.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring a camp chair and stick around for an after-hours bonfire at Green Isle Gardens.
Event proceeds benefit the Florida Wildflower Foundation.
Tickets are limited. Sales end Wednesday, May 3.
Choose from two ticket options:
- $50 ticket (includes 1 admission, nursery tour, presentations, light hors d’oeuvres, 1 drink ticket, 1 raffle ticket, complimentary Florida Wildflower Foundation engraved wine glass)
- $75 ticket (includes 1 admission, nursery tour, presentations, light hors d’oeuvres, 2 drink tickets, 5 raffle tickets, complimentary Florida Wildflower Foundation engraved wine glass)
(Additional drink and raffle tickets will be available at the event.)
Volunteers are needed. If you are interested in helping out at this event, please contact Jenny Ryan at JRyan@FlaWildflowers.org.
Don’t live near Groveland? Consider making a weekend of it by staying at one of these nearby hotels! While you’re there, check out what’s in bloom at the nearby Lake Louisa State Park or explore the area’s many lakes on the Palatlakaha Run Paddling Trail
Thank you to the following for their generous donations in support of this event: